JOB TITLE: System Test Engineer
Location: Florham Park, NJ
Travel Requirements: Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
LGS Innovations, delivering next generation solutions that solve the most complex sensing, networking and communications challenges facing our U.S. Federal Government Customers, is seeking a System Test Engineer for our Florham Park, NJ office location.
In this position you will work under limited supervision, develop and execute system test plans and strategies to assess product/solution functionality per customer requirements.
LGS Wireless Sensing and Communications is seeking candidates for its research and technology Labs in Florham Park, New Jersey. In addition to Florham Park, New Jersey, we have rapidly growing R&D organizations in these locations: Tampa (Florida), Herndon (Virginia) and Denver (Colorado).
We are seeking the ‘best and brightest’ with a passion to solve tough challenges through innovation and the application of science and technology to catalyze impactful solutions for our customers.
The WSC lab performs advanced R&D to:
- Create novel wireless communications and situational awareness systems using standards based and custom communications protocols.
- Create unique small size, weight and power systems for use in air, land and maritime environments
- Employ advanced signal and protocol processing, channel modeling and waveform design from HF to W band and optical frequencies as well.
Join a fast-moving, high-performing multidisciplinary team with a record of success and opportunity for advancement.
LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to development of system test plans and procedures for testing communications and signal processing systems
- Execute system test plans and procedures and thoroughly document test results.
- Effectively document and communicate problems and issues identified during tests and collaborate with interdisciplinary engineering team (including digital, RF, mechanical, and software engineers) to further investigate, characterize, and resolve problems/issues
- Work in a lab environment and use test automation tools and lab test equipment to include protocol analyzers and cellular test equipment
- Troubleshoot test setups and procedures to differentiate between problems with the test environment and problems with the unit under test
- Travel to other LGS locations or customer sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- If required, ability to obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level necessary to perform the duties of the position
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering or related technical discipline and 4-6 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of skills, education, and experience.
- Knowledgeable of basic lab test equipment to include RF and communications test equipment
- Demonstrated ability to analyze test and verification requirements
- Demonstrated ability to write system test plans and procedures
- Knowledgeable of industry standard software for test programs such as LabVIEW
- Knowledge of standards for GPRS, ISO/OSI protocol stacks, TCP/IP networking, and 2G/3G/4G wireless protocols (GSM, CDMA, UMTS, LTE, WiMax) is desired
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated effective teamwork skills
- Ability to obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level necessary to perform the duties of the position
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Advanced degree preferred
For a listing of all LGS Innovations open positions, please visit our website at http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.