JOB TITLE: Software System Architect
Location: Florham Park, NJ
Travel Requirements: Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
LGS Innovations, delivering next generation solutions that solve the most complex sensing, networking and communications challenges facing our U.S. Federal Government Customers, is seeking a Software System Architect for our Florham Park, NJ location.
In this position you will work under limited direction, develop software system architectures for applied research and technology in an advanced networking and communication organization that supports U.S. Government DoD, Civilian, and Advanced Programs communities.
LGS Wireless Sensing and Communications is seeking candidates for its research and technology Labs in Florham Park, New Jersey. In addition to Florham Park, New Jersey, we have rapidly growing R&D organizations in these locations: Tampa (Florida), Herndon (Virginia) and Denver (Colorado).
We are seeking the ‘best and brightest’ with a passion to solve tough challenges through innovation and the application of science and technology to catalyze impactful solutions for our customers.
The WSC lab performs advanced R&D to:
- Create novel wireless communications and situational awareness systems using standards based and custom communications protocols.
- Create unique small size, weight and power systems for use in air, land and maritime environments
- Employ advanced signal and protocol processing, channel modeling and waveform design from HF to W band and optical frequencies as well.
Join a fast-moving, high-performing multidisciplinary team with a record of success and opportunity for advancement.
LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead development of software systems architectures for mission critical, highly secure, transaction oriented, persistent storage, networked and multi-threaded, real time systems
- Principle customer contact to present and evolve architectures to meet mission needs
- Translate system requirements into a large scale real-time software architecture
- Design of embedded real-time systems based on RTOS, DSP and VHDL
- Design of wireless protocol systems
- Design of wireless signal processing systems
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level to perform the job
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Physics and 6-8 years of experience or an equivalent combination of skills, education and experience.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of transaction oriented systems, persistent storage database, networking, highly secure, multi-threaded real time software systems with networked remote monitoring and control capabilities.
- Knowledge of custom government systems and tailoring of commercial systems.
- Knowledge of wireless and wireline protocols, real-time embedded HW & SW systems, signal processing applications, RF systems, digital systems, spectrum capture platforms, data fusion / mining, location services, processing frameworks, intelligent RF front-ends, advanced physical layers.
- Knowledge of a structured process and tools.
- Experience with intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) systems
- Demonstrated experience with tactical communications systems
- Experience in new business development including proposal writing
- Experience interacting with customers, development teams, and program managers
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
- Ability to obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level necessary to perform the duties of the position
For a listing of all LGS Innovations open positions, please visit our website at http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.