Electronics Technician and IT Support
Grow with Conservis, we are changing the global business of farming!
Conservis is the industry leader in Enterprise Agriculture Management (EAM) and operates globally in the world’s $12 trillion agriculture industry. We are dedicated to changing the business of farming, one of the last digital frontiers. While the industry has invested heavily in on-farm technologies, as a whole it is still in the early stages of adopting modern software tools. The Company’s cloud-based platform offers farm owners and managers a software service to create operational plans, drive field activities and make better decisions. Reports are easily shared with partners, landowners, funders and insurance companies.
Conservis provides a unique and valuable career opportunity. The company has an established market presence, a first mover position in farming enterprise software, a strong customer base, an innovative product platform and is clearly positioned to expand its industry leading market status. We're building a great company filled with exceptional people who inspire each other to perform at a high level. We are fortunate to say that we make a difference every day and offer some of the most meaningful career opportunities in technology. If you want to have a big impact on our success and want to lead and build a high performing team, we’d love to hear from you!
As an Electronics Technician with Conservis, you will be a key member of our engineering team, managing and supporting our integrations with grain cart and truck scales. The position would entail assembly and verification of all cabling/attachments and assisting growers with installation and support. Additional responsibilities will include managing the office network and desktop hardware/software (40%).
- Manage and support our devices in the field
- Work with different communication hardware, cabling systems and software to connect a variety of agronomic equipment to the Conservis Farm Management System
- Document standards & procedures in a clear, concise manner
- Administration work maintaining our records / support tickets / documentation
- Provide internal technical support; answering IT support queries via phone, email, and face to face
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- Setup & imaging of new PC’s and laptops
- Management of various IT systems including email, anti-virus, office productivity suites
- Communicate effectively and professionally with different levels of management and different departments
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- Associated degree in electronic or computer engineering or equivalent experience
- Possess excellent troubleshooting & problem-solving skills
- Experience in hardware/electronics technician soldering, crimping, and electronic module modification
- Experience in using basic electronic equipment that include, but are not limited to power supplies, multimeters, and oscilloscopes
- Sound knowledge and understanding of common wired (e.g., Ethernet) and wireless (e.g., Wi-Fi) network architecture and technologies
- Proven competency with desktop/laptop hardware setup and configuration, networking concepts, Windows/Mac networking and Telephony VoIP
- Experience supporting end users, including training, guidance and recommendations
- Proven ability to learn new systems and procedures
- Basic understanding of electronics, multi-meters and using a soldering iron
- Familiarity with Bluetooth and other wireless technologies
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion visually and in writing/verbally
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with different levels of management and different departments
- Ability to adhere to protocol and maintain discretion
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision
What’s in it for Me?
- We are an entrepreneurial environment where everyone’s ideas matter and are valued. We have fun, collaborate and learn from each other!
- We value empowerment, creativity, collaboration and autonomy
- Our work is cutting edge, impactful, and purposeful
- Our team is extremely talented, passionate, supportive, and diverse
- We love farming, the opportunity to help others and make a positive difference!
- We support continued professional development, learning, and job stretch
- We promote and support balance, family, wellness and giving back to our community
- Strong Total Compensation Package:
- Market competitive salary and attractive equity position in a large market, high growth opportunity
- 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits, along with other benefits
- 401(k) and Stock Options
- 15 days PTO plus sick leave
- On premise workout facility
- Company paid parking, accessible to all modes of transportation
Sound Like You?
Interested in learning more, let’s connect to continue the conversation and learn more about you!
Conservis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.