The National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, and National Academy of Medicine work together as the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine to provide independent, objective analysis and advice to the nation and conduct other activities to solve complex problems and inform public policy decisions. The National Academies also encourage education and research, recognize outstanding contributions to knowledge, and increase public understanding in matters of science, engineering, and medicine.
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) is responsible for the finances of the NAS, with approximately $300 million in annual revenues. OCFO includes Accounting, Budget, Contracts and Grants Accounting, Contracts and Grants Management, Procurement, and Financial Analysis and Reporting. OCFO strives to provide timely and accurate financial information to internal and external customers, with the highest possible levels of customer service.
This position is within the Cash Management team of the Controller’s Office.
The Accounting/Financial Assistant in the Controller’s Office will support the Treasury Team’s cash management function by using strong organizational and communication skills. Building relationships with Program Units and other teams will be essential. This role requires the ability to effectively multi-task and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and time -sensitive environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Process bank deposits using remote deposit software.
2. Enter deposit transactions into the financial accounting system and run reports as requested.
3. Communicate effectively with other departments to resolve deposit application issues.
4. Monitor cash management’s mail folder and clear unidentified receipts as directed.
5. Assist other Treasury team staff in researching and clearing unidentified receipts.
6. Prepare zero balance deposits as part of clearing unidentified receipts.
7. Enter ACH banking information for travel reimbursements.
8. Process stop-payment and check re-issue requests.
9. Process Cash Receipt Vouchers.
10. Scan and upload support documents to the financial system.
11. Maintain soft and hard copies of Treasury and daily cash documents.
12. Respond to inquiries via telephone and email.
13. Process occasional credit card transactions.
14. Maintain wire disbursement log.
15. Enter journal transactions as directed.
16. Distribute daily mail
17. Maintain filing system
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Ability to work successfully in a team environment. Ability to develop relationships with co-workers and employees in other National Academies’ departments through effective communication. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is required.