Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.’s Taproom & Restaurant has an opening for an experienced PREP COOK. The Prep Cook assists the Chef, Back of House Supervisors and Line Cooks in daily food production, quality control and consistency of all meat, fish, fowl and other food items prepared, as well as maintaining a clean and sanitary facility.
To be successful in this position, you must possess an excellent work ethic, a reliable attendance record, strong attention to detail, and be capable of consistently performing quality work while working quickly in an environment that is often full of distractions.
- Reports to work on time with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Prepares all foods in accordance to standard recipes as specified by the Chef.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product and portion control, e.g., meat and fish items.
- Keeps all refrigeration, storage, and working areas in clean, working condition to comply with health department regulations.
- Ensures all equipment in working areas is clean and in proper working condition.
- Food preparation should be consistent, efficient and high quality.
- Move large quantities of food products with carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other moving equipment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of food product and cooking methods
- Proficient in basic knife skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail, with the ability to multitask
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a kitchen environment with fluctuations in temperature and conditions (heat, cold, humidity) for an extended period
- Ability to sit, stand, twist, bend, push, pull, walk, and lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis for periods of up to 10 hours a day
Education & Experience
- At least 1 year of related culinary experience in the food industry is required; full service, high volume restaurant experience is preferred.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
Additional REQUIREMENTS to consider before applying:
- The selected candidate will be required to obtain a valid California Food Handler’s Card prior to start date.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check.
- You must be at least 21 years old to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
**This is a continuous recruitment; applications will be reviewed on an "as needed" basis**
Candidates may apply ONCE per job number
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer