The Consumer Insights Manager will plan, design and conduct various consumer research studies working with a cross functional marketing team. This includes vendor/partner sourcing, evaluating cost/benefit tradeoffs in research design, leading internal cross-functional collaboration to execute and generate insights to drive decision making. This position contributes to Sierra Nevada’s success by utilizing primary and secondary research to develop a deep understanding of the craft beer consumer.
This role will be responsible for integrating multiple data sources (syndicated data (IRI/VIP), custom quantitative research, various qualitative research projects) to drive planning, inspire creative campaign direction and new product development.
- Work with the Brand and Marketing Teams to define the knowledge needs and gaps most critical to driving innovation and growth.
- Create solutions to fill priority gaps in consumer, shopper, or market knowledge, and be able to articulate their relative return on investment.
- Manage the execution of qualitative and quantitative research and analysis projects, including supplier proposals, selection, and management.
- Analyze research results against the stated learning objectives to address key business objectives and hypotheses.
- Integrate new research results with other learning, market data, and norms to further organizational knowledge.
- Proactively analyze and synthesize existing qualitative, quantitative, and syndicated data to develop new insights about the consumer, shopper, and market.
- Communicate and socialize research and analysis findings in a way that drives business action.
- Collaborate with other functions, representing the voice of the consumer and ensuring consumer understanding across the cross-functional team.
- Contribute to building the organization’s capability in identifying and leveraging consumer, shopper, and marketing insights.
- Determine the analysis or research technique employed to answer key strategic questions.
- Design approach and secure data solution from internal sources or external research partners.
- Lead the development and analysis of select research studies, including both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Synthesize various tracking studies for deriving applicable insights for Brand, Channel and Customer teams.
- Act as voice of consumer for identified brand or channel.
- Solicit strategic and tactical hypotheses from key decision makers to drive research design and appropriate tradeoffs.
- Identify and communicate consumer insights with internal teams to drive both short-term tactical and long-term strategic direction.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of a broad range of qualitative and quantitative methodologies and key questions for determining appropriate research approaches.
- Working knowledge of the on- and off-premise beer market, craft beer trends, and beer consumers.
- Strong analytics – has conducted primary and is familiar with secondary research.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to translate key learning and insights into actionable business strategies.
- Ability to present complicated analytical material in a concise and compelling manner.
- Ability to proactively anticipate business questions.
Experience & Education
- Minimum 7 years of broad experience in qualitative and quantitative methodologies and techniques preferred.
- Marketing research project management, including data analysis, interpretation, survey design and implementation, and report writing.
- Experience translating business needs into research strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a marketing-related discipline required.
- Minimum 7 years of consumer research experience (supplier, client or agency) preferred.
- MBA or Masters degree in applicable Social Science disciplines may be substituted for practical experience.
Selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check and driver's license check. You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
**This position is open until filled**
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer