Senior Designer/Urban Strategies
Gensler is one of the world’s leading architecture, design and planning firms with 5000 plus staff in 46 locations around the world locations around the globe. We serve our clients as trusted advisors, combining localized expertise with global perspective wherever their opportunities lead them. Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability and the belief that design is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage.
Ask anyone and they’ll tell you that our people are our greatest asset!
Gensler Los Angeles is seeking a Senior Designer for our Urban Strategies studio to lead the design on projects - from concept through to presentation – for a multitude of project types. In this position, you will join a highly creative team dedicated to innovative problem-solving and design excellence.
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior designer with a diverse portfolio of work who can exercise their creativity . You will also be part of the client-interfacing team and enjoy utilizing business development skills and acumen to work with clients and ensure design quality!
- Create strong innovative design concepts for a range of project types including mixed use, retail, residential, commercial, healthcare, entertainment, educational and transit oriented development
- Design lead for project teams, ensuring the quality of the work
- Develop and mentor each team member
- Gather and document relevant data, regulatory aspects and physical conditions of study areas
- Analyze/ synthesize and document project influences
- Prepare narrative reports and graphic presentations that clearly communicate the design process, design drivers and concepts
- Create coherent and compelling presentations
- Apply sustainable planning and design principles
- Work closely with outside consultants to ensure communication of objectives and needs are clearly understood and carried out
- Minimum of 15+ years experience with urban design, architecture and master planning projects
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Urban Design and/or Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture
- Written and verbal proficiency in English
- Strong conceptual design ability
- Outstanding visualization skills
- Outstanding ability to articulate and graphically communicate design concepts
- Experience with projects larger than 25 acres.
- Familiarity with current planning and design trends
- Experience in Southern California
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Sketchup or Rhino REQUIRED
- Proficiency in Revit highly preferred.
This is a unique opportunity to pursue your design career in an entrepreneurial environment with an industry leader. For consideration, please submit resume and work samples. Work samples MUST be submitted.
In addition to being voted "One of the Best Places to Work" in a number of locations throughout the Country, Gensler offers a wide array of benefits - from healthcare to ESOP, profit-sharing, twice annual bonus opportunities and more!
Learn more about the position and all that Gensler has to offer!
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.