Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is looking for a COPYWRITER and creative dynamo for a full time opportunity in Chico, CA. The position will focus on both short and long form creative for product copy, taglines, advertising copy, creative campaign copy, POS, internal communications, external communications, social media, blog and newsletter, and various marketing collateral. You will be working closely with the creative team and the broader Marketing department, but should be a self-starter who can work well independently and quickly.
The Copywriter will be responsible for generating original copy and campaign ideas that grab the attention of the craft beer drinker. This will include creating and pitching taglines, slogans, body copy, creative scripts, and marketing campaign concepts. The Copywriter will be expected to handle multiple projects and familiarize themselves with the Sierra Nevada brand, target audience, and competitor activities in the market.
The Copywriter will brainstorm ideas and concepts with other members of the creative team, and will pitch original ideas to the Content Manager and Creative Manager. Some ideas will be rejected, some pursued, and others developed into new concepts. Palpable passion and thick skin will be necessary.
Accuracy is essential. The copywriter is accountable for ensuring that our content is truthful and complies with codes of advertising practice. Although proofreaders may examine the final copy, copywriters are also responsible for checking spelling and grammar.
- Conceptualizing and writing product copy, taglines, beer names, and enticing descriptors.
- Conceptualizing and writing engaging newsletters, blogs, social media posts, and advertising copy.
- Brainstorming and pitching marketing campaign concept with creative team.
- Brainstorming and writing creative scripts with creative team.
- Writing marketing collateral and internal/external communication, including FAQs, event descriptors, and internal marketing department blog posts.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- You can distill anything down to its essence and thrive on getting to the heart of the matter.
- You can conceptualize, write, review and edit stories that bring strategy to life, unfold across platforms, and move the needle.
- You are comfortable writing for screens of all shapes and sizes and brainstorming with your team about great content and great campaigns.
- You thrive on collaboration and yet can work well independently.
- You are a master of balancing brand style with exciting concepts.
Education & Experience
- BA in English, Communications, Journalism or or equivalent experience REQUIRED.
- THREE OR MORE YEARS of copywriting experience in an agency environment or in house copywriting team highly desired.
- Exceptional written communication skills is essential.
- Ability to pitch and discuss ideas confidently with upper management is a MUST.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather); risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but can be occasionally moderate.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasional travel (10-15%) is required as needed, primarily to our Mills River, NC brewery and/or company events in the field.
- Selected candidate MUST pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check
- You MUST be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
**This recruitment will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed regularly**
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer