Wagman is a fourth generation, family owned general contracting business serving the Mid-Atlantic and Southern Regions out of offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. Wagman Heavy Civil’s core competencies include: design-build, bridges, structures, marine, modified concrete and geotechnical services. Wagman General Construction serves senior living, urban, institutional, healthcare and higher education markets.
We are currently looking for Carpenters to join our team.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Construct built-in-place or prefabricated wooden and/or metal forms, according to specifications, for molding concrete structures such as: piers, footers, retaining walls, abutments, parapets, caps, columns and bridge decks
- Saw lumber per blueprint dimensions, using handsaw or power saw, and nail lumber together to make form panels.
- Lift and handle built-in-place forms and/or assembles, erects and installs prefabricated forms.
- Insert spreaders and tie rods between opposite faces of form to maintain specified dimensions.
- Anchor and brace forms to fixed objects, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, and planks.
- Build rough wooden structures such as: scaffolds, temporary frame shelters, overhang jacks and safety railings.
- Lift and set rails for finishing machine.
- Pour concrete in forms and decks which requires vibrating, shoveling and raking. Also assists cement finishers
Wagman is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.