High School graduate or GED required with basic reading and writing skills.
Prefer at least 5 years minimum prior experience in project planning and scheduling, managing people, subcontractors, and an in-depth working knowledge of construction trades is needed.
Must present a positive personal image with strong administrative and communication skills.
Must be able to travel extensively.
Wagman is a fourth generation, family owned general contracting business serving the Mid-Atlantic and Southern Regions out of offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. Wagman Heavy Civil’s core competencies include: design-build, bridges, structures, marine, modified concrete and geotechnical services. Wagman General Construction serves senior living, urban, institutional, healthcare and higher education markets.
We are currently looking for General Superintendents to join our General Construction team
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Overall planning, management and execution of assigned projects
- Performing each project successfully including project scheduling and controlling direct job material and labor expenses
- Ensuring that assigned projects are executed in accordance with the Contract Documents and the high-quality standards of the company, and that each maximizes the company’s profit opportunities
- Participating in constructability Review Meetings when requested by Estimating. Present comments and concerns relative to site logistics, construction, material sections, and required details
- Conducting formal start-up meetings and planning meetings to orient the subcontractors with their specific scopes of work
- When working in existing facilitates or campuses, holding planning meetings to include the owner and subcontractors to coordinate construction operations with the activities of the facility or campus
- Developing with Project Manager and CPM, schedule using Primavera P6
- Developing a project logistics plan in conjunction with the project schedule to effectively and efficiently execute the work
- Developing a project specific job safety program
Wagman is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V