High school graduate or G.E.D required with basic reading and writing skills.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in the field of construction logistics and materials.
Equipment manager specialist designation from AEMP or equivalent.
Less than 10%
Wagman is a fourth generation, family owned general contracting business serving the Mid-Atlantic and Southern Regions out of offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. Wagman Heavy Civil’s core competencies include: design-build, bridges, structures, marine, modified concrete and geotechnical services. Wagman General Construction serves senior living, urban, institutional, healthcare and higher education markets.
We are currently looking for an Equipment Coordinator to join our team.
The main responsibilities of the position include scheduling and procurement of all equipment and material moves within the area, scheduling of mechanics and related equipment repairs in conjunction with the Equipment Superintendent, and coordinating all equipment related needs with Project Management personnel. The Equipment Coordinator reports to the Corporate Equipment Manager. Direct reports to the position include Parts / Service Coordinator, Equipment Superintendent, Yard Manager, Drivers and Mechanics.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Coordinate all equipment moves.Procure all required permits and escorts.
- Ensure compliance with all DOT and driver safety rules with all commercial drivers in Field Service Center, VA operations.
- Secure contracted haulers for equipment moves only when absolutely necessary and company drivers are not available.
- Coordinate all trucking in the most efficient manner possible; avoid empty hauls.
- Review / ensure correct completion of all driver logbooks and equipment reports.Follow up on reported equipment defects.Monitor and enforce hours of service compliance for all CDL / commercial drivers in the area of operation.
- Ensure that all hauling is done within all federal, state and local laws.Hold the logistics operation to the highest standard of safety and compliance.
- Ensure correct fuel / IFTA reporting.
- Assist the Corporate Equipment Manager in the quoting, location and procurement of rental equipment when necessary in VA operations area.
- Coordinate equipment repair and maintenance requests and scheduled services with the Equipment Superintendent, Mechanics, and Parts / Service Coordinator.
- Assist Corporate Equipment Manager with any special projects / tasks that are necessary to the operation.
Wagman is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.