High School graduate or G.E.D with basic reading and writing skills.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience preferred as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic (heavy trucks and heavy construction equipment).
Strong mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic skills needed.
Must be able to travel extensively.
Wagman is a fourth generation, family owned general contracting business serving the Mid-Atlantic and Southern Regions out of offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. Wagman Heavy Civil’s core competencies include: design-build, bridges, structures, marine, modified concrete and geotechnical services. Wagman General Construction serves senior living, urban, institutional, healthcare and higher education markets.
We are currently looking for a Field Heavy Equipment Mechanic to join our team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Repair of heavy trucks and construction equipment (i.e., loaders, cranes, dozers, backhoes, etc.), including removal of defective parts and installing new or rebuilt parts.Strong experience repairing cranes preferred.
- Test repaired equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Trouble shoot, diagnose and repair electrical systems.
- Repair hydraulic systems.
- Assist in dismantling and/or putting together cranes.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds from ground level to waist level and 30 pounds to above shoulder level throughout a scheduled work shift.
- Continuous standing and walking required throughout a scheduled work shift.
- Required to perform simple grasping and fine manipulation tasks with both hands, and requires acceptable corrected vision (in both eyes) and acceptable corrected hearing.
- Must be able to climb ladders and/or steps on equipment to access areas to be repaired.
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel and crawl.
- Must be able to work in dirty, greasy, noisy, cold, hot and humid working conditions.
- Must have the ability to reach, lift and perform work above shoulder height-and the ability to work on uneven surfaces and confined spaces.
Wagman is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.