High School graduate or G.E.D required with basic reading and writing skills
Prefer an individual who has completed a carpenter apprenticeship or training program with a minimum of two (2) years of construction related carpenter experience and/or certified as a journeyperson carpenter.
Proficient in calculations for geometry and quantities
Must be able to travel extensively.
Wagman is a fourth generation, family owned general contracting business serving the Mid-Atlantic and Southern Regions out of offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. Wagman Heavy Civil’s core competencies include: design-build, bridges, structures, marine, modified concrete and geotechnical services. Wagman General Construction serves senior living, urban, institutional, healthcare and higher education markets.
We are currently looking for Carpenters to join our team.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Construct, erect, install and repair structures and fixtures of wood, plywood and wallboard using hand tools and power tools.
- Prepare layout, using ruler, framing square and level.
- Assemble, cut, and shape materials and fasten them together with nails, dowel pins or glue.
- Erect framework for structures and lay subflooring.
- Build stairs and lay out and install partitions and cabinet work.
- Fit and install prefabricated window frames, doors, doorframes, weather stripping, interior and exterior trim and finish hardware; such as locks.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Pour concrete in forms which requires vibrating, shoveling and raking.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds from ground level to waist level and up to 30 pounds to above shoulder level throughout a scheduled work shift.
- Continuous standing and walking required throughout a scheduled work shift.
- Must be able to perform simple grasping and fine manipulation tasks with both hands.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel and crawl.
- Must be able to work outdoors in wet, muddy, cold, hot and humid weather.
- Acceptable corrected vision (in both eyes) and acceptable corrected hearing required.
- The ability to reach, lift and perform work above shoulder height – and the ability to work on uneven and in confined spaces.
Wagman is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.