High school graduate/GED
Heavy construction experience with dozer, grader and excavators.
Heavy Equipment Construction Knowledge
Travel to various jobsites
Wagman is a fourth generation, family owned general contracting business serving the Mid-Atlantic and Southern Regions out of offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. Wagman Heavy Civil’s core competencies include: design-build, bridges, structures, marine, modified concrete and geotechnical services. Wagman General Construction serves senior living, urban, institutional, healthcare and higher education markets.
We are currently looking for Backhoe/Excavator Operators to join our Heavy Civil team.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Manipulating or depressing hand and/or foot controls including pedals, levers and buttons to regulate speed and direction of loader or dozer
- Extending outriggers to stabilize machine – especially rubber-tire backhoe
- Performing preventive maintenance-cleaning, lubricating and maintaining equipment
- Inspecting equipment daily for defective parts and recording data, date and malfunction in a log
- Moving, picking up and grading material – including earth and stone and other material
- Loading trucks in production-type manner.
Wagman is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.