High school graduate or G.E.D required with basic reading and writing skills
Minimum 5 years driving experience including flatbed loads and detachable low boy loads. Class A CDL, tanker endorsement. A clean driving record. Thorough knowledge of DOT rules, particularly load securement and hours of service.
Hazmat endorsement is an advantage.
Must be able to travel extensively.
Wagman is a fourth generation, family owned general contracting business serving the Mid-Atlantic and Southern Regions out of offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. Wagman Heavy Civil’s core competencies include: design-build, bridges, structures, marine, modified concrete and geotechnical services. Wagman General Construction serves senior living, urban, institutional, healthcare and higher education markets.
We are currently looking for a Equipment / Materials Transport Driver to join our team. The Transport driver’s primary responsibility is to move materials and equipment between various projects / yard facilities. Perform duties in alignment with Wagman vision, mission and core values.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Safely perform equipment / material moves at the direction of the dispatcher.Safety is paramount; Wagman strictly conforms to all DOT rules and regulations.
- Load / unload construction equipment including but not limited to backhoes, excavators, dozers, telehandlers, skid steer loaders, motor graders, loaders, cranes.
- Safely secure all loads in compliance with DOT and Wagman standards.
- Complete hours of service requirements via the use of electronic logbooks.
- Communicate clearly and accurately with dispatcher and job personnel.
- Ability to perform minor maintenance and repairs.
- Assist in assembly / disassembly of cranes.
- Procure time sheets for shop employees.
Qualifications and requirements include:
- Thorough knowledge of DOT rules, particularly load securement and hours of service.
- Willing to spend one or two nights out of town an average of once or twice a month.
- Basic geographical knowledge of PA, VA, MD, NJ, DE and WV.
- Ability to lift 75#. Ability to climb up and down off trailers / equipment safely.
- Computer literacy required- electronic logs are used, and computer program is used for time entry. Will train on these specific systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others by phone, in person or through email.
- Willingness to perform cross functional tasks as part of the team.
Wagman is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.