High school graduate or G.E.D required with basic reading and writing skills.
At least (2) years experience working with ground crew in the excavation and installation process on line and grade.
At least two years experience using Bobcat, mini excavator and backhoe/excavator machines setting pi
Less than 10%
Wagman is a fourth generation, family owned general contracting business serving the Mid-Atlantic and Southern Regions out of offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. Wagman Heavy Civil’s core competencies include: design-build, bridges, structures, marine, modified concrete and geotechnical services. Wagman General Construction serves senior living, urban, institutional, healthcare and higher education markets.
We are currently looking for an Excavator Operator to join our team.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Manipulate or depress hand and/or foot controls including pedals, levers and buttons to regulate speed and direction of loaders, backhoes, and similar-type equipment.
- Extend outriggers to stabilize machine – especially rubber-tire backhoe
- Perform preventive maintenance-clean, lubricate and maintain equipment.
- Inspect equipment daily for defective parts and records data, date and malfunction in a log.
- Move, pick up and grade material – including earth and stone and other material.
- Load trucks in production-type manner.
Wagman is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.