Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering preferred.
Position requires a minimum of five (5) years of construction estimating. Familiarity with estimating applications, conceptual estimating, preparation of proposals, project management, job cost accounting and scheduling involving commercial and industrial construction.
Strong math and analytical skills. Personable and able to develop relationships with clients, design
Less than 10%
Wagman is a fourth generation, family owned general contracting business serving the Mid-Atlantic out of offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. Wagman General Construction serves senior living, urban, institutional, healthcare and higher education markets.
We are currently looking for an Estimator to join our Special Projects Group division on our General Construction team.
The primary responsibilities and duties for this position include:
- Meeting with prospective clients with and reviewing ideas and needs
- Preparing conceptual estimates from basic floor plans
- Preparing estimates for the clients from schematic and design development documents. Keep the Owner informed of all cost events through the preconstruction process
- Having knowledge on cost savings ideas to meet client budgets
- Working individually or with a team to prepare GMP pricing for projects
- Preparing proposals/”books” for client/designer review with detailed scopes of work for projects in the conceptual, schematic, design development, and final document(GMP) stages
- Developing subcontractor network for pricing projects in the various stages of design
- Assuring scopes of work are correctly written and or prepared for subcontractors for GMP Bidding.
- Developing subcontractor networks for pricing projects to gain an advantage in lump sum bidding
- Strategizing and lead team for successful Bid outcome.
- Assuring scopes of work are correct and purchasing of subcontracts is accurate and profitable
- Purchasing is done accurately and so as not to delay the execution of the work
Wagman is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.