A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics is required.
A minimum of two (2) years of experience in the field of accounting. CPA firm or construction industry experience is preferred. Working knowledge of MS Office and Excel is required. Must possess excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and have the ability to work effectively with others.
Experience with Viewpoint Vista and HCSS HeavyJob software is a plus.
Less than 10%
Wagman is a fourth generation, family owned general contracting business serving the Mid-Atlantic and Southern Regions out of offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. Wagman Heavy Civil’s core competencies include: design-build, bridges, structures, marine, modified concrete and geotechnical services.
We are currently looking for an Cost / Staff Accountant willing to learn and able to bring to bear effective accounting and administrative skills within a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented environment in a growing company. The ideal candidate will be a team player; self-motivated; able to work independently; have the ability to learn rapidly; have a superior work ethic and possess sound critical thinking skills. The ability to provide strong financial leadership to project teams is a must.
The primary responsibilities and duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Administer all aspects of the construction contract life cycle from a job costing perspective, including setup, maintenance and close-out.
- Compile, account for and analyze construction cost data related to payroll, equipment, subcontracts, permanent materials and overhead.
- Ensure integrity of cost data, including proper cost entry, allocations and accruals.
- Assist in the verification and reconciliation of construction quantities.
- Track and maintain proper project cost budgets including owner and subcontract change orders.
- Perform budget variance analysis on cost and billing information
- Prepare and enter cost accounting journal entries and assist in monthly closing process of the general ledger.
- Assist project managers in generating and analyzing project cost-to-complete analyses, revenue projections and financial forecasts, including revenue, margin and cash flow.
- Communicate frequently with project team personnel and business unit management regarding financial status of construction projects.
- Assist project team to ensure timely and accurate billings to project owner.
- Maintain awareness of outstanding project accounts receivable and follow-up with project team on collection efforts.
- Assist in preparation and delivery of timely and accurate internal and joint venture billings.
- Maintain awareness of company purchasing best practices and procedures, including tracking subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Assist project team in other ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis as necessary.
- Review, reconcile and post inventory transactions.
- Enter/review and post weekly equipment billing and related transactions.
- Responsible for assistance with completion of external financial audits and tax return preparation, including timely preparation of work papers, financial statements and footnotes.
- Performs other miscellaneous projects and duties as assigned.
Wagman is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.