High school graduate or equivalent preferred with basic reading and writing skills.
Must have at least two years experience operating excavator or fine grade dozer.
Operate dozer to push materials to specific grade.
Must be able to travel extensively.
Wagman is a fourth generation, family owned general contracting business serving the Mid-Atlantic and Southern Regions out of offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. Wagman Heavy Civil’s core competencies include: design-build, bridges, structures, marine, modified concrete and geotechnical services. Wagman General Construction serves senior living, urban, institutional, healthcare and higher education markets.
We are currently looking for an Equipment Operator - Excavator/Dozer to join our team at our Lynchburg, VA project site.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Manipulate or depress hand and/or foot controls including pedals, levers and buttons to regulate speed and direction of loader or dozer.
- Lay out material and assist carpenters.
- Perform preventative maintenance—clean, lubricate and maintain excavator or dozer.
- Inspect equipment daily for defective parts and records date and malfunction in a log.
- Move, pick up and grade material—including earth and stone and other material.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds from ground level to waist level.
- Must be able to perform simple grasping and fine manipulation tasks with both hands
- Must be able to climb, bend and squat.
- Must be able to sit for up to 3-4 hours at a time.
- Must be able to work outdoors in wet, muddy, cold, hot and humid weather.
- Position requires acceptable corrected vision (in both eyes) and acceptable corrected hearing.
- Must have the ability to work on uneven surfaces.
Wagman is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.