High school graduate or G.E.D required with basic reading and writing skills. ACI Certification.
Minimum one (1) year of heavy civil construction related experience. Certified Concrete Technician in PA.
Ability to work at heights up to 150 feet.
Must be able to travel extensively.
Wagman is a fourth generation, family owned general contracting business serving the Mid-Atlantic out of offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. Wagman Heavy Civil’s core competencies include: design-build, bridges, structures, marine, modified concrete and geotechnical services.
We are currently looking for a Certified Concrete Technician to join our team.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Must be capable of executing concrete technician procedures.
- Carry, load, unload and stack materials.
- Lay out material and assist carpenters.
- Dig with pick and shovel.
- Shovel, rake, spread and vibrate concrete into place.
- Climb embankments and ladders to carry material to various work sites on project as needed.
- Jackhammer and saw cut concrete.
- Clean up project site of debris.
- Strip wooden forms and remove nails.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds from ground level to waist level and 30 pounds to above shoulder level throughout a scheduled work shift.
- Continuous standing and walking required throughout a scheduled work shift.
- Must be able to perform simple grasping and fine manipulation tasks with both hands.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel and crawl.
- Must be able to work outdoors in wet, muddy, cold, hot and humid weather.
- Position requires acceptable corrected vision (in both eyes) and acceptable corrected hearing.
- It also requires the ability to reach, lift and perform work above shoulder height—and the ability to work on uneven surfaces and in confined spaces.
Wagman is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.