High school graduate or G.E.D required with basic reading and writing skills.
Minimum one (1) year of construction related experience.
Ability to work at heights up to 150 feet.
Must be able to travel extensively.
Wagman is a fourth generation, family owned general contracting business serving the Mid-Atlantic Region out of offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. Wagman Heavy Civil’s core competencies include: design-build, bridges, structures, marine, modified concrete and geotechnical services.
We are currently looking for Laborers to join our team.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Carry, load, or unload materials
- Record meter readings and report information to foreman as required
- Dig with picks, shovels, air hammers, jack hammers or other construction related equipment as required
- Arrive to project site on-time and participate in job discussions and daily safety meetings
- Clean up site trash and debris and place in dumpster or appropriate dedicated disposal area
- Lift and place lagging boards onto shoring walls
- Work with materials such as: wood, concrete, steel to name a few
- Work with and maintain construction related equipment when needed (grout machines, drilling machines, compressors)
- Work with hoses for all types of machines on the job site
- Responsible for your own safety and required to wear proper jobsite PPE as directed
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds from ground level to waist level and 30 pounds to above shoulder level throughout a scheduled work shift.
- Continuous standing and walking required throughout a scheduled work shift.
- Must be able to perform simple grasping and fine manipulation tasks with both hands.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel and crawl.
- Must be able to work outdoors in wet, muddy, cold, hot and humid weather.
- Position requires acceptable corrected vision (in both eyes) and acceptable corrected hearing.
- It also requires the ability to reach, lift and perform work above shoulder height—and the ability to work on uneven surfaces and in confined spaces.
Wagman is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.