Associates or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
Candidate should have 10+ years of experience in the field of accounting/finance with at least 5 years of experience in the payroll function in a multi-state/multi-company environment. Experience with a heavy/civil, commercial or specialty contractor is a significant plus. Experience with Viewpoint V6/Vista construction software is a significant plus. Candidate should have intermediate to advanced skill level with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft applications.
American Payroll Association Certification is a plus.
Less than 10%
Wagman is a fourth generation, family owned general contracting business serving the Mid-Atlantic and Southern Regions out of offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia.
We are currently looking for a Payroll Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate must be mature, level-headed, dedicated and committed to developing a top-notch payroll department within a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented environment in a growing company. Candidate must:
- Be a team player with infallible integrity and ethical standards that embody the Company’s core values.
- Possess excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with others throughout the Company.
- Be a working manager with the ability and desire to roll-up their sleeves to get things done.
- Be technically proficient in all aspects of payroll.
- Be self-motivated; able to work independently; have the ability to learn rapidly; and possess sound critical thinking skills and a superior work ethic.
- Understand and own the critical nature of the payroll function and its importance to the Company.
The primary responsibilities and duties for this position include the accurate and efficient processing of payroll in a multi-company/multi-state environment and effective management of one payroll processing employee. Attention to detail, accuracy and consistency are extremely important. This position will also help with other duties as assigned that will support the Company and the Accounting-Tax-Finance (ATF) team.
Job Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Ensure the payrolls are processed accurately and timely, including receipt and import of time through HeavyJob (remote time entry system), review of time entry, resolution of discrepancies, processing of payrolls in Viewpoint, submission of direct deposit files and printing/mailing of physical paychecks and paystubs.
- Ensure certified payrolls are filed weekly and that certified payroll amendments are up-to-date.
- Ensure all tax deposits are accurate and made on a timely basis.
- Prepare Confidential Payroll and associated entries.
- Process Wagman Construction, Inc. office time entry in Viewpoint.
- Process temporary employee labor entries.
- Remit child support payments.
- Provide labor billing detail to Staff Accountant
- Provide statistical payroll report to Chief Financial Officer each Friday.
- Process monthly insurance billings with the appropriate general ledger accounting.
- Review Insurance billings to accurately reconcile between payments and deductions.
- Process job cost adjustment entries for month-end close.
- Prepare and report all payroll tax returns.
- Reconcile all payroll liability and accrual general ledger accounts.
- Prepare and file all payroll tax returns.
- Process employee fringe benefit adjustments for W-2 reporting.
- Update tax rates and wage base manually where no tax routine is available.
- Update employee deductions/liabilities for new calendar year.
- Process Form W-2 and 1095- C forms for multiple companies.
- Process Davis Bacon vacation payout.
- Prepare for and support year-end financial statement audit activities.
- Establish and maintain internal controls and appropriate quality control systems to ensure payrolls are accurate, timely and properly reflected in the general ledger.
- Establish process to track errors, determine the root cause of errors and implement procedures to mitigate future errors.
- Critically analyze payroll systems and procedures implement process improvement where it will have a beneficial impact on the payroll function and the Company.
- Coordinate with Human Resources on maintenance of Employee and Benefit Master in Viewpoint.
- Supervise and train Payroll personnel to effectively carry out their duties.
- Work with employees using Heavy Job for time entry and reports.
- Test system updates prior to live implementation.
- Keep informed on latest trends and releases for Viewpoint.
- Engage in continuing education to stay abreast of current trends, best practices, regulations and laws that impact the payroll function.
- Communicate actively with management regarding the status of the payroll team and its goals.
- Assist Accounting Manager and ATF staff with analysis reports
- Complete surveys as requested by HR or states.
- Ensure management is aware of any issues as they arise.
- Work with HR to produce salary review forms as needed.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Wagman is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.